RULES FOR THE SAFETY OF YOUR CHILD
YOUR CHILD MUST ALWAYS BE BROUGHT TO SCHOOL AND PICKED UP BY AN ADULT WH0 IS KNOWN TO THE STAFF
• Tell the staff when you are taking your child off the premises at the end of the day.
• Please ensure that you close doors and gates behind you.
• Please note: Mobile Phones are NOT to be used in the nursery.
• No dogs in school please.
• Although we provide aprons for painting, etc, we cannot guarantee that clothes will not be marked. At the end of a busy day it upsets the children (and staff) if parents are cross because of paint etc on clothes. So please keep best clothes for home.
• If your child wears earrings they must be small studs! Hoops or dangly earrings could catch on a climbing frame etc. and severely damage a child’s ear.
• No sweets in school. Children can bring fruit to share with their friends.
• No personal possessions to school as we will not be responsible for their safety.
It is important that your child attends nursery regularly in order to benefit from all the activities on offer and as good practice for their later education. Your child will get a certificate if they have full attendence each term. Please let us know if your child cannot come to nursery.
WHAT IF MY CHILD IS ILL
Please telephone the nursery if your child is ill or absent for any other reason. It is helpful for us to know what is wrong.
If your child has diarrhoea and sickness, we have been advised that it is best to keep them at home for at least a day until the symptoms have cleared. In that way we hope it will not spread to other children.
Please remember to keep your telephone numbers and addresses up to date in case your child is ill at school. Keep your mobile phone switched on at all times or give us an alternative number to ring.
If your child has an allergy please remember to tell your Key Worker.
Any medication provided by your doctor can only be given to your child at nursery if it has the perscription lable.
Please provide your child with a healthy packed lunch to eat at nursery. If you need any ideas of things to include please feel free to talk to your child's teacher. We will provide a drink for the children so please do NOT put a drink in their packed lunch.
The children are also given a bottle of milk each day and a small snack mid morning and water is always available.
The children do not have to wear a full school uniform but class sweatshirts and hoodies are available in class colours from the School Office. Dress your child in something comfortable that they can move and play in, are able to easily unfasten for the toilet. And remember sometimes we do get messy so keep your best clothes for home.
Another role of the nursery is the training of students. A wide variety of students pass through the nursery in any year.
We hope that the work going on in nursery will stimulate their interest in the education and care of young children and that for some of them it will become a life-long career.